STEM Curiosity Day
“Inspire, engage, empower youth and educators in STEM!”
Free event will take place on Wednesday 9th December, 2020. Reimagined for COVID-19 Level 1 & 2 Compliance
STEM Curiosity Day is a day long event for schools and home-schooled students to immerse themselves in STEM challenges, activities and games in a fun and exciting environment.
Theme: Resilient Innovators
“Never waste a good crisis. Stuff goes bad all theme, but the best thing to do in a bad situation is leverage it, and I think New Zealand has a huge opportunity to do that by thinking really, really boldly”.
~ Peter Beck, CEO, Rocket Lab ~
Let’s get New Zealand’s next innovators thinking and creating with STEM Wana’s STEM Curiosity Day!
Date: Wednesday 9th December 2020
Time: 9:30am until 2:30pm with morning tea and lunch break.
Age Range: Years 5 to 8 (8 to 12 years old)
● 1 HQ with satellite schools/locations (Headquarters: ACG Tauranga)
● Up to 15 remote school locations (14 + ACG HQ)
STEM Kits Supplied:
● 1 kit supplies 60 students
● All kits to be opened at same time on Curiosity Day
● Includes challenges, experiments and activities in each STEM field
● Contains 2 STEM Wana surprise challenges
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST HERE
Please read and make sure you are able to comply before submitting interest.
● Spaces are limited – please submit interest early
● Must have suitable site to host 60 of your students (indoor and outdoor)
● At least 2 teachers/volunteers must attend a 2 hour Pre-Curiosity Day Workshop
(date to be confirmed)
● This year will involve a ‘Materials Drive’ to collect recyclable/upcyclable materials (newspaper/toilet rolls/milk bottles,
Interested in taking part as a school or team? Register your interest now!